User talk:Robotech Master
'Welcome' Section Originally Posted in Page Header by Accident
Welcome to Shifti! Always glad to see new contributors. This is a bit of a standard boilerplate introduction that will hopefully help get you started on some of the basics you might not have noticed. Firstly, there's a main index of help pages at Help:Contents - a link is provided in the default sidebar titled "Help." It's a good idea to browse through the table of contents there so you'll know what information is available should you need it.
If you're here to post stories, there's a guide specifically for the basics of that over at Help:Posting stories. General editing assistance is at Help:Editing, and information about how to use talk pages (like this one) is at Help:Talk pages. If any of the formatting seems esoteric at first, don't worry - wikis are collaborative and other editors and administrators will come around to help tidy up anything that's left in a messy state, if you want. The more complex details can be learned later as you go.
You can set up a personal homepage for yourself at your root user page, which you can find by clicking on your user name at the top of the page. Use your user page however you see fit; most authors generally list their stories there, along with a bit of biographical information about themselves and perhaps some links to other websites. See Help:User pages.
If you have any questions, you can either click the edit link for this page and write it here or you can follow the link in my signature to my own home page and leave it in the talk page over there. You can find a list of Shifti's administrators at Shifti:Administrators. Once you've got your bearings, feel free to delete this welcome message from your user talk page. Bryan 21:02, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
- I see Bryan actually beat me to it. Anyways... Welcome to Shifti. -- ShadowWolf 21:03, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
In case no-one else does it, thanks for the attention to detail and work to improve Shifti! -- ShadowWolf 02:36, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
- Well, thanks for noticing. It's nice to have my efforts appreciated. That's what wikiness is for, after all. :) —Robotech Master 02:48, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
Chakona Space: Question?
Hey RM, this is Drake here. Just wanted to ask for your opinion on a story idea set in Chakona Space (tentatively), and since you're the only one familiar with the universe...you get the idea. Well, I want to write an assasination attempt on some pro-furry speaker (I'm thinking Oceanwalker, perhaps?) by a H1 hitman. It fails, and he's caught, and he's sentenced to a year as a fur (like mentioned in your story). I haven't thought out the ending yet, but this seems promising to me. Especially since it can involve guns :). Hope I can get your views! Thanks. By the way, loved the stories. In case I haven't mentioned it. —Drake 12:54, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
- It might make interesting reading. But if you're serious about wanting to write it, you should read other Chakona Space stories than just mine before you do. You might also want to ask about it on the Chakat Heaven Yahoo group before you start. —Robotech Master 13:17, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
- Hmm...thanks for the advice. Still, I thought about it, and I'm not too familiar with Chakona Space, so I may not set my story there: chances are I might screw up some storyline by accident. Perhaps Pig and Whistle? Still, I haven't completely ruled out Chakona Space yet. Another thanks for the advice and info! :) —Drake 06:51, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
Can't Edit 'Talk:FreeRIDErs (setting)' in Order to Fix Post Time Stamp!
Hey there, Robotech Master. I'm just wondering why I can't edit my post on Talk:FreeRIDErs (setting) (it's the last and latest one as of right now.) I've been trying to fix this post so that I can correct its time stamp to show that it labels a post made by somebody (me) who lives not in the Central time zone, but in the Eastern time zone. But the Shifti editor keeps freaking out on me and spitting an HTTP error 403 at me instead of showing me the 'Pick all of the cat photos' extension that Shift's copy of MediaWiki uses to prevent spam! Strangely, the 'This page was last edited at…' blurb at the bottom of the page shows me the correct time with respect to the correct time zone. I'm allowed to edit other pages, too, so what in the multiverse could be going on? On a related note, I was going to tell you about the post in question anyway (I've already told Jon about it, but he hasn't responded yet) since I used it to talk about the idea of the possibility that I might be able to write a story that commingles characters from the FreeRIDErs universe with those from other interesting story universes. I've also used the post about which I've been telling you to discuss one of the backup plans that I think that I might have in store in case my main idea falls through on me. Either way, could you please take a look at it?
Thanks in advance,
RandomDSdevel (talk) 15:19, 18 September 2014 (EDT)
- Never mind; I was able to do the edit that I said that I wanted to do above just now! You should still take a look at my story idea and comment on it, though.
- — RandomDSdevel (talk) 13:03, 19 September 2014 (EDT)
You know, a while back I thought I might have seen you on a Stack Exchange site, but I'm pretty sure that it just turned out to be some other guy when I compared this other guy's Stack Overflow profile with your Superguy profile. Weird, huh?
— RandomDSdevel (talk) 16:03, 6 January 2015 (EST)